The Met Gala 2016 showed off an array of beauty looks, from modern metallic makeup to big hair. With the futuristic theme the looks were bold with glitter or bleached out eyebrows, silver makeup and over the top hair accessories.
"As soon I saw the stunning Ralph Lauren gown I knew the hair needed to be simple, clean and elegant – old Hollywood with a modern twist."
// Christian Wood's step-by-step:
- Start by applying Moroccanoil Treatment Light onto damp hair to add shine and create the perfect foundation for styling. For thicker hair, use Moroccanoil Treatment Original.
- Blow dry hair using a Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Round Brush. Once hair is completely dry, create a deep side part using the Moroccanoil Tail Comb.
- Mist with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray and brush behind the ears.
- Add a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Molding Cream onto the palms of your hands and gently glide over the top of the head to remove flyaways and give hair hold.
- Using the comb, scoop hair up into a ponytail and secure with bungee elastic for extra security. Gently comb out any ridges.
- Next, twist the hair up into a classic chignon by wrapping the hair around the ponytail and tucking in the ends. Use small pins to secure.
- Mist the entire hair with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine to add an extra boost of shine and gloss to the hair.
- Finish the look by spraying the ends of a makeup powder brush with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray and dust over the entire head to tame any stray hairs.